Wessex Road Club, a long-standing cycling club based in Dorset. Which is coming up to it’s 100th anniversary in 2024. Wessex road club exists to help people get the most out of all aspects of cycling. Our members are young, old, male and female, all take part in a wide range of disciplines within the sport including long distance events, competitive racing, sportives at home and abroad, and of course just riding for fun.
Members of the club partake in a wide range of
- Club rides, to local cafés and meeting points
- Time trialling, on-road individual or as a team against the watch
- Road racing, mass-start races on the road
- Cyclocross: cross-country circuit races
- Audaxing and cyclosportives, on-road challenge rides, often involving large numbers of people riding at their own pace
- Race training, preparation for the competitive-minded, on the road and on indoor static trainers